We are looking for an experienced, hands-on Head of System Engineering to establish our system architectural design, ensuring the design covers all system requirements. This person will serve as the technical authority on system considerations and requirements, including performance, reliability, scalability, and functional safety.
This position reports to DriveU’s VP of Engineering and is a member of DriveU’s R&D leadership team.
- System design and requirements definition activities, working closely with DriveU product management, architect, and developers, writing detailed user stories, system design documents and specifications for the development teams.
- Establish, implement, and document the customer integration processes.
- Ensure product requirements are fully captured, well understood, and documented throughout the pre-sales to implementation cycle.
- Design product infrastructure roadmap.
- Participate in sprint and backlog planning to ensure delivery of high-quality features on time.
Required skills and experience:
- 8+ years of relevant system engineer/software developer experience, including in a startup environment.
- 2+ years of experience working on end-to-end architecture and/or system design in distributed systems
- Experience in Linux OS.
- Technical development background in a multi-disciplinary product.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Engineering or Computer Science degree.
- Experience in service-oriented architectures, and/or cloud architectures – an advantage.
- Knowledge of architectures in safety-related domains, standards, and recommended practices (ISO26262, ASPICE) is preferred.
- Cellular communications experience is a big advantage.