We are looking for an experienced hands-on director of DevOps & Automation. This position reports to DriveU.auto’s VP of Engineering. The successful execution of this role will combine a passion for quality and automation, the ability to build reliable process and automation frameworks as well as excellent cross-functional leadership skills.
- Define, and lead the implementation and ongoing management of best software engineering practices including, but not limited to: test-driven development, CI/CD practices, regression test automation, comprehensive approach to adherence to standards, comprehensive ‘definition of done,’ team retrospectives.
- Define, and lead the implementation and ongoing management of effective automation, testing and quality assurance frameworks and methodologies across the development teams.
- Build and manage a group of QA & Automation personnel, while staying hands on.
- Manage a cloud environment for production and development ensuring uptime, performance and customer SLAs.
- Identify and execute on opportunities for increased and improved automation, monitoring and improved security.
- Code tools based on business needs.
- Contribute to the growing body of DevOps documentation.
- Actively support and drive implementation of the company’s technical and architectural roadmap objectives.
Required skills and experience:
- 5+ years of DevOps, operations, or relevant equivalent experience in a production environment, 2+ of which in management positions.
- 2+ years of experience with monitoring tools and frameworks.
- Experience with testing, automation, and development frameworks and tools – PyTest, Jenkins, Docker.
- Previous startup experience, preferably in the auto-tech space – a big advantage.
- 2+ years working with cloud technology. AWS experience – an advantage.
- Experience with setting up security/authentication controls and with compliance certification is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong planning, communication, and presentation skills, and the capability to listen and influence with a “Can-do” attitude.
- Ability to work well with rapid deployment cycles and tight deadlines.